I usually do a style post on Tuesdays. Dan and I shot several looks this weekend, aaaaaand in true form I hated how they all turned out. I just wasn’t feeling the outfits, and I refuse to post a look that I don’t truly believe in. So today I’m switching it up and sharing my current 7-minute makeup routine.
My friends who have seen my makeup collection are probably confused at how I narrowed it down to these specific products. I don’t use these exact products every single time I do my makeup, but they are my go-to never fail products that I know I can rely on in a pinch. Which is why they’ve made the cut into my 7 minute morning makeup routine.
1. First, I apply Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Nude all over my face using this brush. It looks kinda of yucky and beat in the picture, I know. Some people like to do their eye make up first, then foundation. But I’ve always done my face first. I put a dot on my hand, then dip the brush in and swirl it on my face. Little bit goes a long way with this tinted moisturizer. I prefer to start with a matte base, then add any shimmer or highlight where I want it.
2. Next, I use Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Medium Custard under my eyes. This concealer is the absolute best, as it brightens spectacularly. If I’m feeling extra fancy, I will run some of this down the bridge of my nose, and blend it in the middle of my forehead to highlight those areas. If I have any blemishes or spots I want to cover, I use Benefit Boi-ing concealer. It is like magic.
3. After I’m done concealing, I use Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer all over my eyelids. I have oily lids (as you know from this post) and I found that this primer works the best. I got a sample in a palette and I’ve been using it for over a year. For shadow, I usually reach for Urban Decay Shadow in Toasted, which is a beautiful rose gold. It is absolutely the best shade in the Original Naked Palette (the 4th from the right in the picture.) If I’m not using Toasted, then I like MAC Satin Taupe (a silvery light brown, the top MAC shade) or Sable (a golden bronze, which is really similar to Urban Decay’s Toasted). I don’t typically do anything fancy with multiple colors on regular days.
4. If I’m wearing eyeliner during the daytime, it is Stila Waterproof Smudge Stick in Damsel. While this is called a smudge stick, it does not smudge! The twist up sharpener-free applicator is quick and easy, and has a really fine tip. The color is a dark brown, but not too crazy for the daytime.I typically line my bottom lash line and sometimes the top, but not always.
5. Lately I’ve been skipping the lash curler and just putting on a coat of Stila HUGE mascara. I received a sample of this and I didn’t really like it at first, but now it is my favorite. TIP: When I get a new mascara, I set the wand outside of the tube overnight (just for the first night, not every night), so that it dries out a bit. This trick helps me get the thicker and more voluminous lashes that I like, without having to wait for the mascara to “settle in” to the tube. Just a little trick.
6. I love NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny, which my friends find funny because it is like $3. However, it is the perfect not-too-orange bronze. Despite all the fancy bronzers I have, I always find myself going for this one. After I bronze the parts of my face where the sun hits (cheekbones and hairline mostly) I use Benefit the Rockateur Blush, a lovely rose gold every day blush. And it smells pretty too.
7. I set everything with a dusting of Makeup Forever HD Pressed Powder. Then I highlight the tops of my cheekbones and brow bones with a little The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer.
8. Finally, if my eyebrows look like they need some TLC, I use the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown to shape them up. I found that this twist-up pencil has the finest tip, making any strokes look just like hairs.
It takes longer to explain my makeup routine than it does to actually do it. The whole thing only takes about 7-10 minutes, and it makes me feel happy and put together every day.
What are your favorite go-to products? I can, and do, typically use these in my sleep!
Mademoiselle Coconath says
Love your post!
Thank you so much!