What a year this has been.
We got married…
Went on a beautiful honeymoon in Italy…
And moved our lives to Washington, D.C…
I am so thankful for all the love and support from our friends and family during these massive life changes.
With the new year just around the corner, I have a few new years resolutions (both life and style resolutions) that I want to share, and how I plan to tackle them:
First, life resolutions:
- Sleep. It is difficult for me to silence the “space between your ears” as a previous yoga teacher used to say. This is especially true when my head hits the pillow. I plan to try meditation and other unwinding techniques to ensure that I get an uninterrupted sleep.
- Cook. I make this resolution every year, and am proud to say that I stick to it. Although this resolution is a renewal, I will expand it to resolve that I will cook more with my husband.
- Keep in Touch. I resolve to keep in touch with my friends and family. It is easy to get into my life routine and just disappear. The easiest way to keep in touch is to send a text or write myself a note to give them a call when I think of them.
- Read. I love my kindle and seem to read more when I have books on it. I can upload and read more than one book at a time, and carry it around everywhere, making it easy to sneak in a couple pages here and there.
- Pretend to be an extrovert. Moving to a new city away from my friends and family has been hard, and I find that my friend pool is shallow. I resolve to go outside of my comfort zone and join some meetup groups to get myself out there and meet some wonderful people!
And now for some style resolutions, to avoid getting into a style standstill:
top: Old Navy; Vest: Marshalls, old; Jeans: Madewell; Nails: Essie She’s Pampered;Cat: Jake, my own.
- Try a different hairstyle at least once a week. I wear my hair down every day. It is time to try new things.
- Wear all of my shoes. I happen to get stuck on a pair I like and I wear them to death.
- Go natural. I have to remind myself that sometimes it is okay to go makeup-less. My skin will thank me.
- Wear leggings no more than once (okay maybe twice) a week.
- Layer items to add versatility to my wardrobe.
- Donate clothing I no longer wear.
Cheers everyone! Happy 2016!
Hi Roxanne. I am reading through your early posts when you first started the blog, to get to know you better. You had a fantastic 2015 and made a gorgeous, classic bride. Also, I wore a version of that outfit (more than once) last Winter and early Spring with me shearling tan vest