A couple weeks ago we had tons of rain. I felt as if my umbrella was an extra appendage on my body. HOWEVER I was secretly happy about the rain because it meant I got to wear my new pretty Chooka rain boots 🙂
Sometimes I actually like the rain. Here’s why.
Dan and I were watching Midnight In Paris on the train back from Maine, and Owen Wilson’s character kept saying how he thinks Paris is the most beautiful in the rain. I thought he was crazy until I started to dig deep and think about it. So here are some reasons why I sometimes enjoy a good rain:
1. I love sitting inside and seeing it POUR. Just BUCKETS OF RAIN pounding on the street and on my windows. There is something so satisfying and zen-like about being cuddled up inside and watching it rain.
2. Cute rain gear. My Chooka boots are so cute and comfy. I can walk in all the puddles without getting my socks wet. And I’m not sacrificing style for functionality!
3. The smell. When it hasn’t rained in awhile and the first few sprinkles start washing away all the gook on the streets and sidewalks there is a mineral smell in the air. I like it.
4. My brother’s dog’s name is Rain. I’m not exactly sure why, but she is a really cute little black pup (chihuahua and doberman mix) and I love her.
5. This is the weirdest thing of me, but I love seeing all the tourists in ponchos when it rains here in DC. I get a HUGE kick out of it for some reason! People never wear ponchos in their life unless they are touring a city, haha! Why is that?
Do you like the rain? Tell me why!