My best friend Ashley came to visit this weekend! We had SO much fun going to brunch, playing with Snapchat filters, getting our nails done, and watching this scary show on HBO called The Night Of.
Today I’m doing that thing where I write about something that doesn’t involve the outfit. However, as you can see, I’m featuring a cross-front tee styled in a fall ensemble. Enjoy the photos for outfit inspiration, but read on if you want to hear about how I plan for weekend guests.
I love when good friends and family come to visit me in DC. Even though there is a lot to remember and prepare when guests come to visit, I really embrace it. That’s because it gives me a chance to switch things up and enjoy the company of people who take a lot of time out of their week just to come spend time with me.
I have some general things I do when I entertaining weekend guests that I thought I would share. Because maybe your entertaining basics are different than mine.
1. Find out your guests’ favorite beverages and snacks, and go pick some up. Ashley and I used to love a particular Reisling in college so I made sure I had some stocked. It is easy to do.
2. Put some fresh towels in your guests’ room where they can see them. It might be a no-brainer, but it’s something I always appreciate when I am a guest.
3. Make a couple reservations. Even if your plans change, you will feel at ease knowing you have something on the books.
4. Bake something. You can eat whatever you bake for breakfast; then you won’t have to go out for every meal. (I’ve been seriously slacking on this one.)
5. Show your guest how to use the coffee maker. If they wake up earlier than you they won’t be a caffeine crazed individual itching for you to wake up.
6. If you share a bathroom, move your makeup and face lotions, etc. into your bedroom. That way, bathroom time is kept to a minimum and everyone can happily share!
7. If you have cats, train them to be polite angels. Just kidding, but you can certainly try.
I love guests! Come visit me in DC and I’ll have your beverage handy!
As for my outfit – I’m loving the cross-front trend. Burgundy is such a rich flattering color on everyone (my tee is only $10 by the way). The cross-front detailing on this $44 dress is so cute, I’ve been eyeing it for weeks. Paired with a faux leather moto jacket (on sale for just $60) and peep toe booties, it looks like I’m ready for fall!
Currently Sipping: Chateau St. Michele Riesling