I’m a big PJ nerd. But you have to admit that there’s nothing better than a soft pair of Pajamas that fit just right.
Photography by @MichelleCoxPhoto
I Love Cute Summer Pajamas!
I don’t know if anyone else experiences this, but does your body temperature rise to about 800 degrees while you sleep? My husband tells me that if he touches me in the middle of the night I am like a furnace. I often wake up a little sweaty (TMI, sorry) because I get so warm at night.
So for me the right cute summer pajamas are a must. In the summer, I like light and airy fabrics, but also cute patterns and styles. My go-to’s are little nightgowns with lace on them, or shorts and tee sets. I think it is okay to splurge a little on a few nice pairs of pjs because you wear them every night, and they are essential to good and comfy sleep! My favorite PJ set right now is this shorts and tee set. It is SO SOFT! I love it so much that I have the set in black, too.
Getting More Sleep
Let’s talk about sleep for a minute, while we’re on the topic. Ever since I started waking up early to exercise my sleep has been much better. I’m a notoriously bad sleeper, and still only get about 6.5-7 hours a night. However, sleeping through the night makes the world of difference. Here are some other quick things that have helped me sleep through the night:
- I keep my thermostat at 69 degrees. For whatever reason, that’s the sweet spot that keeps me cool all night.
- I always wear something loose and light.
- Winding down about an hour before I actually turn off the light and close my eyes has helped me to fall asleep faster.
- Exercising in the morning, rather than the evening. Evening workouts get me too riled up, especially if they are after 8pm.
- Black out curtains. Total darkness for me.
- Lavender lotion. The soothing scent calms me. This lotion is my favorite.
Things I don’t recommend/don’t work for me:
- Taking melatonin. I know this supplement works for a lot of people but it makes me trip balls/have crazy dreams. I wake up feeling like I just ran a marathon, rather than feeling rested.
- Wearing socks. Who are you freaks that wear socks when you sleep!? I need to wiggle my toes.
- Cuddling. Nope, sorry romantics. My body gets too hot.
- Sleeping with just a sheet. I need something heavier to envelop me. I heard that these weighted blankets are amazing for that, that I haven’t tried one yet.
- A nightcap. Drinking before bed makes me restless and I never sleep as deeply.
Without further ado – here are some of my cute summer pajamas favorites! Nothing is too expensive 🙂