This post is sponsored by Ingenuity™ but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands the support Glass of Glam!
Mealtime With Sidney!
While Sidney still gets most of her nutrition from breast milk, we started introducing solids at around month 4. For the past couple of months, we’ve been having a lot of fun trying new foods and exploring different textures! She doesn’t eat many solids yet, but I try to make meal time a fun and exciting experience. I want her to have a good attitude towards food, and an open mind! But at the same time, I don’t want to force her to eat something she loathes.
Step one for an enjoyable mealtime is finding the right seat or high chair for your little one. We just got the Ingenuity™ Baby Base 2-in-1 Seat™ and we’re loving it! Not only is the Ingenuity baby seat sleek; but it doubles as a seat for playing and sitting on the ground (see her playing in some of the pics below!) AND it grows with your baby to become a toddler seat. The color we have is called Cashmere.
Ingenuity Baby Seat Review
Double duty is exactly what we need for our tiny condo city-living situation. Because we just don’t have room for a million baby devices. Here are some of the features I love about the Ingenuity base:
- Wipeable feeding seat and dishwasher-safe tray
- The removable tray stores under the booster seat;
- 3-point harness keeps her safe and snug in there;
- Converts from a baby booster to a toddler seat;
- It is very portable – would be easy to bring on a road trip;
- Safely straps to a dining chair so baby can easily sit with you at the dinner table.
Target is having an Ingenuity product promotion until the end of this week! They’re offering up to 15% off Ingenuity products until February 16th. If you just had a baby, are creating your registry, or are looking for a fabulous gift, I highly recommend the seat. If you have space, the Ingenuity™ 4-in-1 Smartserve™ High Chair looks pretty awesome, too.
So far we’ve tried oatmeal cereal (mixed with breast milk), smooth sweet potato, pureéd green beans, butternut squash, and mushed apple. I get so excited every time she tries something new and take about a million photos and videos of her little expressions.
Here are some tips and tricks I’ve learned so far when it comes to feeding a little one solids:
Mealtime Tips and Tricks:
- Have a wet wash cloth handy to wipe down any big messes.
- Make a mealtime playlist! Music adds so much more fun to mealtime. Here’s a fun spotify playlist I made for us!
- Get a high chair, seat and bib that you can easily clean. Luckily the Ingenuity™ Baby Base tray is dishwasher safe.
- Let go – don’t be too rigid or scared of a mess. Messes are going to happen anyway! Sometimes we eat in a diaper if she is wearing an outfit that I don’t feel like scrubbing later.
- Let the baby try to feed him/herself a little. In all likelihood, most of the food won’t end up in their stomach, but in the beginning it is all about practice and exploring. Sometimes, I like to use two spoons – one for feeding and one she can hold to practice and feel involved.
- Preload the spoon and see if the baby will get it in their mouth! It seems obvious to us adults, but recognizing where their mouth is in relation to their hand is a pretty big step.
Don’t forget, Ingenuity products are up to 15% off at Target until 16th!
What do you think of the Ingenuity baby seat? Would you buy it? Let me know in a comment below!