While I’m traveling in England, I figured I’d tell you a bit about another magical place I visited recently: Kohler, Wisconsin!
Now, don’t let the fact that it is in Wisconsin throw you. It is a 5 star-5 diamond resort with amazing food, a beautiful and luxurious spa, and mounds of activities.
The Best Things to Do in Kohler WI
Where To Stay in Kohler WI
There are two really good lodging options in Kohler.
- The American Club is the main hotel and conference center. It boasts old American charm and grandeur, with plush sitting rooms and beautiful gardens, and multiple restaurants on site.
- The Inn On Woodlake is where we stayed, mostly because it is a fraction of the price of the American Club. They have comfortable rooms with stunning Kohler-furnished bathrooms, and a free breakfasts each morning. The Inn On Woodlake is within walking distance to a bunch of restaurants and the main Kohler property, or just a short (3 min) drive.
Where To Eat in Kohler WI
- The Immigrant – this is the shmancy restaurant inside The American Club. I highly suggest getting the lobster bisque.
- The Wisconsin Room – another restaurnt inside The American Club. We didn’t eat there, but the menu looked amazing.
- Craverie Chocolates – Kohler has their own chocolate line. Craverie sells delicious chocolates, gelato, and coffees!
A couple of great restaurants are in nearby Sheboygan, just a quick 15 minute drive.
- Field To Fork – Be prepared for one of the freshest meals of your life. I got the avocado toast with a green juice and it was sooo flavorful.
- Trattoria Stefano – a recommendation from a reader, and right across the street from Field To Fork.
- The Blind Horse Winery – While the food is casual, the wine tasting is well worth it! Do a tasting, then choose a glass to sip on the patio while you listen to the live music.
What To Do in Kohler WI
- Kohler Waters Spa – we got a couples massage, and spent a couple of hours relaxing in the rooftop spa and quiet pool area inside. This is one of the necest spas I’ve ever been to!
- The Design Center – you can take a tour of the showroom of all the sinks, bathtubs, toilets…if y9u’re into home design then this is right up your alley.
- Kohler Factory Tour – Although we didn’t have time for it this time, I want to come back and do this tour!
- The Waelderhaus – Kohler’s daughter built an authentic Austrian Waelderhaus to pay homage to her late father. The house was (and still is) used to host meetings and events, but you can take a quick tour to learn more about the house and Austrian culture.
- Gardens of Kohler – exploring the club grounds is free and relaxing. Not to mention a photographer’s dream!
Let me know in the comments if you’ve been! I love little weekend getaways spots.
Like weekend getaways? Be sure to check out: