BIRTHDAY OUTFIT DETAILS:
On Thursday I’m turning 32. Although everything in my life relates back to this, and it may sound cliché, becoming a mother has changed me. I’m approaching my 32nd year with a calmness and peace that I’ve never felt until now. I am happy to be still and not have a jam-packed schedule. I’m okay holding on to 10 extra pounds, whereas before I’d be in a literal frenzy to lose it. I don’t stress about being tired or having to eat crackers for lunch.
I know that I’m lucky and blessed to be where I am now. This year, I took the leap and left my attorney job to be a full time mother and blogger. I was thinking of writing a “woah I have an exciting announcement” post about it, but it felt weird to do that. So I’ll tell you more about my decision in the near future. I wouldn’t have done it without the support of my husband or the feeling of being financially secure. But it felt right.
I finally feel like everything has fallen into place. I’ve spent less time worrying about what I’m going to do with my life because I think I finally found it. I was meant to be a mother while pursuing my creativity in tandem. And while motherhood is certainly one of the hardest things I’ve done, it is also the most enjoyable.
So in celebration of my 32nd birthday, and to help you all get to know me better, here are 32 things about me!
32 Things About Me – For My 32nd Birthday
- My maiden name is Rahamim. It means “mercy” in hebrew.
- I was born in Brooklyn, NY, but spent most of my childhood in Cleveland, Ohio.
- I’m the oldest of three. My younger brother lives in Connecticut and my little sister lives in Seattle.
- I didn’t like cats before I got Jake and Elwood. Jake is the one pictured above!
- Dan and I met in high school when I was 14 (in 2002). We got married in August of 2015.
- I hate peas, but I like pea soup.
- I’m a licensed attorney in Ohio and Washington, DC.
- Being Jewish has always been part of my identity.
- I really like dark twisty books. My other favorite genre is historical fiction.
- I’ve been told that my celebrity doppelgänger is Marisa Tomei.
- The Little Mermaid was the first movie I ever saw in the theater.
- I was in a rock band in high school called Tapooze where I played the electric guitar!
- I was also in the high school marching band where I played the clarinet and saxophone. That’s where I met Dan.
- My dad is Israeli. I’ve been to Israel 3 times. It is the most beautiful country! I’m a dual citizen and have an Israeli passport, too.
- I’m a self-proclaimed mascara expert.
- I was on the moot court team in law school, even though public speaking scares me. I used to get a stomach ache before every oral argument practice. We won first place brief at our competition!
- I took a wine tasting class in college. It was held on Tuesday nights! As you can imagine, it was really hard to get into.
- Ice cream is my all time favorite food. I could eat it every single day.
- Beverages are my favorite. Coffee, tea, wine…I love them all. If you’re hanging out with me at home, I’m usually working on 2-3 beverages at a time.
- I went to Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
- I was a Zoology major with a minor in American Studies. Medical school was my initial idea, but ended up in Law School instead!
- For two summers, I taught Israeli folk dancing at a summer leadership camp.
- Running has always been in my life. I ran cross country in high school (although not very well), and have done lots of 5k’s 10k’s, and 2 half marathons. I’m still too chicken to sign up for a full marathon.
- I worked for a federal congresswoman for a little bit.
- In high school I worked at Subway but only lasted for a week. Now I can never eat at Subway again.
- I studied abroad in Luxembourg for a semester, where I got to celebrate Carnivale in Nice and Venice.
- I love musicals! Some of my favorites are The Music Man, Joseph, Wicked, Rent, The Book of Mormon, Chicago, Fiddler On The Roof, The Producers, and (of course) Hamilton.
- I think New York pizza is far superior to Chicago deep dish pizza. If you call that pizza.
- I’m still best friends with my best friend from the first grade. She is now a doctor in Boston!
- I used to be afraid of the zamboni at the ice skating rink. My grandfather used to bribe me with gum balls so I would face my fears and go out on the ice.
- We went out our honeymoon in Italy. Since we are dorks, we did went to all the Roman landmarks from Angels and Demons. “Let Angels Guide Thee On Thy Lofty Quest!”
- In November of 2016 I went to both the Women’s March and the next day, the Inaugural parade. Here’s why.
That’s all for this year’s birthday post! My birthday isn’t until Thursday, but I’ll be reflecting all week 🙂
I hope you learned something new about me. What are some things about me that you didn’t know until this post? Tell me in the comments!