Do you ever suffer from the Sunday scaries? I always do. I always wait until the last minute to write a blog post. As a change of pace, here’s a few things about me that you might not have known.
1.Let’s start with something close to my heart. My kitties are adopted and four years old. Their names are Jake and Elwood, they are 15-16 pounds each, and they are domestic medium haired cats. I didn’t really like cats before I got them as a law school graduation present from my husband.
2. Let’s try to tie my outfit into the post! Hahaha! I like to wear white ALL YEAR ROUND. These white jeans don’t get a break, and I can’t resist an all-white outfit. I love the blank canvas of white denim and a flowy and gauzy white top (which also comes in pink and black at Goodnight Macaroon). For some more styling inspiration, check out this casual post, this fancier ruffle post, and how I styled this perfect white skirt.
3. My husband Dan and I have been together for about 11 years, but married for 1 year and 9 months. We met in the marching band in high school, then dated in college and law school, and finally got married in 2015!
4. I majored in Zoology in college. At Miami University (in Ohio!) they didn’t have Biology (only Microbiology, Botany, and Zoology) so I picked what I thought would take me to medical school. I get queasy at the sight of blood sooooo I went to law school instead. But I still love animals.
5. My favorite genre to read is historical fiction, but I’ll read almost anything a friend recommends. Some books I recently read are The Perfume Collector, Fates and Furies, The Only Street In Paris, Sweetbitter, and Me Before You. I’m currently reading Kitchen Confidential and The Woman In Cabin 10!
6. I’m really enjoying crossfit right now. Lifting heavy weights makes me feel strong and confident.
Photography by Dave Mentzer
7. I started my blog in December of 2015, less than 2 years ago (here is my first post ever)! My gosh how time has flown. I’ve learned so much and found so many lifelong friends in the short time I’ve been doing this.
8. I’m the oldest of three siblings. My brother lives in New Haven, CT and my sister is in Brooklyn, NY! We are really close, and are traveling to Maine with my parents this upcoming weekend.
I love to hear what interests you about other people’s lives. Do you have book recommendations? Are you also the oldest sibling? What’s your favorite workout? How did you meet your significant other!? Tell me!!
My favorite from last week was Paulina from Shenska.com!
I would absolutely wear her dress in a heartbeat. I love the ruffles, the two piece action, the color, everything! And her trendy ring bag is so perfect. Paulina wears her outfits with confidence, which I SO admire! Don’t forget to check out Sarah’s blog for her pick of the week!
Please be dolls and subscribe to my email list! I’m working on some exciting things, and I’d love to include you and keep you in the loop!