This week’s refreshment is literal. Because I literally concocted a delicious cocktail for you. It is a blackberry orange fizz, also something I like to call the BoFizzly.
Spindrift was so kind as to send me some of their blackberry sparkling water to try out. They make it with real crushed fruit, so it is a beautiful purple color. It is delicious on its own, but I really wanted to incorporate it in a cocktail. I love gin and Spindrift or vodka and Spindrift, but that is wholly un-creative. This cocktail, the BoFizzly, is so elevated and tasty you won’t even believe you made it.
Yes, there is an egg white in this recipe. Before that has you running for the hills, hear me out. The egg gives the cocktail an extremely drinkable taste and a beautifully fluffy head. The texture is like nothing else, and the drink becomes light, silky, fluffy, and frothy.
Some cocktails that also have an egg white (whether you knew it or not) are the Pisco Sour (a tart lime South American drink) and the Ramos Gin Fizz (a classic New Orleans cocktail with a lemony-lime flavor).
A BLACKBERRY ORANGE GIN FIZZ
- 2 ounces of gin (I used Hendricks)
- 1 ounce of orange juice
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 egg white
- Spindrift blackberry sparkling water
- garnish (I used blueberries because husband of glam ate all the blackberries while I was formulating this recipe.)
1. Combine gin, orange juice, agave, and egg white in a shaker without ice.
2. Shake without ice, then add ice to the shaker and shake very hard for 20 second, 30 if you’re feeling good.
3. Strain the mixture into a tall glass and wait 10 seconds. Slowly top off with the Spindrift blackberry and add a garnish.
Thank you Spindrift for trusting me with your beverage.