Monthly Archives: February 2016
I really love this simple long-sleeved dress. When I saw it at H&M in the basics section I immediately bought it in gray AND maroon.
Dress (in black and only $20); Boots (my absolute FAVORITE on sale for $100 and also come in black); Express tights (my fave); Sunnies (via Ditto); Belt (old, similar ish here and for $4 here); Handmade infinity scarf, similar ish here; Earrings; Lips: BellaPierre Burlesque
We’ve made it to another Friday. And for another week of favorites…
- Leopard Trousers. I wore these on Monday and I absolutely love them. They are comfortable and prevent any outfit from looking boring. To make things sweeter, they are only $10!
- Clarisonic Mia – I use my Clarisonic face brush every night to make sure I get all the make up off my face. It might sound gross, but I like to look at the brush to see how much makeup the brush is taking off! It is always interesting to see how much more this brush can clean my skin, even after I’ve cleansed with my hands.
- The Fortune Hunter. This book features the real Empress Sisi of Austria, who was the Princess Diana of 19th century Europe. She is such an interesting and progressive woman. Although the characters around her are fictional, the author attempted to stay true to Sisi’s character. If you watch Downton Abbey, this book is a must read!
- The People v. O.J. Simpson – This show is so good! Dan and I have been looking forward to watching it on Tuesday nights. I was only like 7 when this case was big in the news, so it is fascinating to watch this historical drama with a more mature mind. 5. Handmade earrings from Gateway Arts. My friend Jessi got these gorgeous earrings for me for my birthday! They are really special because they were hand made by an artist at Gateway Arts in Boston, MA. Gateway Arts provides professional development for adults with disabilities who have artistic talent. Jewelry making is just one of the things the talented artists at Gateway do! I love it! Check out the website or Facebook page for more info!
That’s all the favorites for this week! Have a fantastic weekend and happy Valentine’s Day!
Sweater (which I do not recommend purchasing); Skirt is sold out, similar here and in pink here; Longchamp Bag; Pumps (you can get them for $10 if you sign up here); Lips: Revlon Colorstay Royal Raisin; Necklace is sold out, similar here and here
On Saturday I went to a fun craft fair called Crafty Bastards Cabin Fever with Dan and Grace. Talented artist from the area were selling their gorgeous handmade art. The items for purchase ranged from jewelry to tea towels to clothing and furniture. I didn’t end up buying anything, but Grace had a print framed by Framebridge and I picked up a lot of business cards.
I found this skirt at Forever 21 while the husband was seeing Star Wars for the second time. I love the tassel tie on the front, and the blue and black checkered pattern kind of looks like watercolor. Also a plus- it has pockets!
Another Friday Favorites! Which means we made it another week. I think I will make this a weekly article. It is a nice way to reflect on the week and let you know what I’ve been loving.
In last week’s favorites I included some unconventional things, like a humidifier, haha. You guys seemed to love that!
1. Fringe Boots. These boots are incredible! I posted this picture on my instagram this week. They are wedges, and just so fun. And I KNOW I mentioned that they only $20. They also come in black, but there are not many sizes left!
2. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. I finished this book and WOW it was a page turner. I like books where the action starts right away. If you’re like me in that regard, then you will also love this book.
3. Painted Drop Pendant Necklace – This necklace rally pulled my casual outfits together this week. As you can see from the pics, I posted outfits including this necklace on instagram twice this week! Bonus: it is only $6. Score!
4. Hand Made Earrings. I regret that you can’t buy these. I told my mom I was looking for some fringe earrings, and asked her to keep an eye out for some. The inspiration pair were these Isabel Marant ones – gorgeous, but $256 and sold out anyway. Soo my mom made these for me and surprised me on my birthday! Love love love!
5. Nails Inc. Gel Effect in Porchester Square – This color is the perfect nude meets gray meets purple. I really think it would look beautiful on any skin tone. Plus, the gel effect polishes stay on a little longer. This is coming from someone who like to use her nails as tools. My nail polish typically chips an hour after I put it on, but this one stays on for a couple days with no chips.
6. Sia – You’re Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile. I can’t listen to this song without smiling. Annie is one of my all time favorite shows. I had the opportunity to see it in Brooklyn at the renovated King’s Street Theater when my mom and I visited NYC in December. Sia’s version of the song is upbeat and makes me want to dance around. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Thank you so much for reading my blog. I’ve been at it now for a month, and I am loving it! I read all of your comments, and I so appreciate your kind words and encouragement.
On Sunday of my birthday weekend, Dan and I headed to Georgetown for a terrific lady day.
Fringe Sweater; Madewell Denim (my fave!), similar wash; OTK boots; Sunnies (via Ditto); Crossbody Bag is Longchamp and discontinued. Nordstrom has this one and this one which are kind of similar. You can also try looking on Ebay or Tradesy.